My name is Ben Oberholzer and I am a golfer from Northern Ireland. Playing golf at college is my goal, and I believe it is a great path for me to become the best player I can be, whilst at the same time furthering my education. I am an extremely driven and focussed person and my commitment and dedication to my sport and team make me an asset to any team.
English Language B
English Literature A
Physical Education A
Holywood GC (Fred Daly Team)
Royal Belfast Academical Institution (School)
Senior Cup Team
08/23 Holywood Junior Club Champions (70,70)
08/23 St Andrews Boys Open (Scotland) - qualifying 73, semifinalist in Murray Mitchell Trophy (matchplay) - the Old Course.
07/08/23.Prodream USA Irish Open - 12th (73,75,76)
07/23 Champion of Champions World Championships (Lough Erne Faldo) T5th (73, 77,73)
4/07/23 Irish Boys Amateur Close Championship - 5th after matchplay (74,72,72)
28/06/2023 Munster Boy's Amateur Open Championship - 18th (74,74,74)
29/05/2023 Ulster Men's Amateur Strokeplay Open Championships - 39th ( 76,78,79)
12/3/23 Irish Junior Open Tournament of Champions - (Portstewart Golf Course) - 1st (76)
15/2/23 Irish Junior Open 2 Day Major Knightbrook - 2nd (75,75)
- Irish junior open U19 Tour Champion
- Holywood Junior Championship - 1st (71,75)
- Vitality Junior Open - 1st (72)
- Irish Junior Open Summer Tour Players Championship - 1st (73)
- Champions of Champions World Championship Lough Erne -14th (84, 79,76)
- Irish Junior Open Winter Tour Major Knightsbrook - 2nd (75)
- Irish Junior Open Lough Erne Championship 2 day Spring Major 3rd (82,79)
- Ulster Senior Schools Scratch Championships - Team 1st (74)
- Ulster u18 Open Championships, Ballyliffin Links - 17th (76,74)
- Irish Junior Open Winter Tour Ballycastle - 1st (73)
- US kids Golf North of Ireland u18 Summer Champion
- US kids Golf Irish Open - 3rd
Additional sporting info
I have represented Zimbabwe and Ireland at six BMX World Cycling championships and hold Junior national colours for BMX cycling. I have also played cricket and rugby at provincial level before focussing on golf.
What makes you different?
I am an extremely dedicated and hardworking athlete. I have competed in sport at international level from a young age and understand what it takes to compete at a high level. I am a coachable athlete and value all advice and guidance that I will receive from my coach and fellow players, and will use the opportunities I am given to help me achieve my goals.
Why do you want to compete in college?
I would like to compete in college golf as it will enable me to compete against some of the best players. I love being part of a team and would like to become the number one player for my college and lead my team to as many wins as possible.
I would like to use all my college experience to help me achieve my dream of becoming a professional golfer.
Anything else we should know?
I started playing golf in March 2020 and was recruited to the development squad for 2021/22 and have now been chosen for the Rory McIlroy Holywood Performance Squad for 2022/23.
Royal Belfast Academical Institution