Carla du PlessisFeatured
I aspire to get into a good university that will give me new opportunities in my sport, as well as my academics. My sport and academics have always been my top priorities and I feel that it is important to be a balanced student in all areas. I have always strived to perform to the best of my ability and I still have so much that I want to achieve. I want to grow as an athlete and see how far I can take my high jump, while focusing on getting a good degree that will set me up for a successful future.
My personal best in High Jump: 1,79m
My personal best in Long Jump: 4,98m
- U19 Qualified to compete at Nationals for High jump. (Delayed due to the COVID-19 Pandemic)
- U19 Achieved 1st place at provincial championships with a height of 1,70m in March 2020.
- U/19 Achieved 1st place at regional championships with a height of 1,70m in February 2020
- Achieved 1st place at Regional trials with a height of 1,75m in February 2020
- U19 Competed in ‘Puma School Of Speed’ event in Potchefstroom and Paarl, placing first in both events and jumping a height of 1,78m at the Paarl event (January 2020)
- U17 Jumped regional (SWD) High Jump record for women u/20 with a height of 1,79m at Regional Senior Championships 2019
- U/17 Jumped 1,74m at Cradock Top 10 athletics event in October 2019
- U17 Competed at Nationals 2019
- U17 Competed at South African Championship in High Jump and Long Jump for the provincial team 2019
- U17 Achieve 1st place at Puma School of Speed event in Pretoria, with a height of 1,60m 2019
- U17 Competed at Senior and Junior Nationals in High Jump, placing 5th overall with a height of 1,65m 2018
- U17 Achieved a silver medal at provincial championships with a height of 1,60m in 2018
- U17 Achieved gold at a Top 10 Athletics event with height of 1,60m 2018
- Competed at Nationals in High Jump, placed 11th overall 2017
- U19 Jumped 1,65m at an invitational event in Cape Town 2017
I was part of the Nedbank Running club as well as the provincial team of South Africa for multiple years. I have competed in nationals in 2017, 2018, 2019 and qualified to compete in 2020.
I currently hold the Regional High jump record for women U20 with a height of 1,79m
According to the latest South African Track and Field Performances 2020 update - I am currently number 1 for Junior U20 Women High jump in the country with a height 1,78m (April 2020)
Jumping 1,79m also put me 1st in the South African rankings for women U17 High jump. 2019
Awarded ‘Female Athlete of the Year’ at my high school in 2017, 2018 and 2019
Awarded ‘Track & Field Women Athlete of the Year 2018’ by the Nedbank Running Club
Received a regional (ASWD) reward for ‘Outstanding performance and contribution to Track and Field’ in 2019
Awarded title of “Senior Victrix Ludorum” at inter-house high school athletics in 2020.
Competed in Top 10 athletics team at my high school.
Additional sporting info
Long jump is another field event that I enjoy doing, and I have competed at nationals for long jump U17 in 2019