My name is Didier Marx and I am a Rower from South Africa. I am a very hard-working individual and strive to be the best that I can be. I am a very competitive person and enjoy some good clean competition. I was the Captain of my Rowing Club this past season and enjoyed leading by example.
I had a 61% average end of last year
- Bishops Rowing 1st team 2022 and 2023
- Western Province Rowing 1st team 2023
- Astro Hockey 3rd team 2022
- Quadracular Athletics Team 2021, 2022 and 2023 - 1000m and 3000m
- Western Cape Championships 2021, 2022, 2023
- Misverstand Regatta 2021, 2022, 2023
- Kowie River Regatta 2021
- SA Schools Boat Race 2022
- SA Schools Championship Regatta 2022, 2023
- The Head of the Charles Regatta (Boston, USA) 2022
- Buffalo Rowing Regatta 2022, 2023
- I have been selected to present Western Cape Province at the South African National Championship in April 2023
Additional sporting info
I am the 5th fastest in Western Cape Province on the erg machine.
I pull a 6.39 for a 2km
What makes you different?
I am a super hard-working teammate and will do my utmost best so that the team can perform well.
Why do you want to compete in college?
To gain some priceless experience and to have a family/close group of friends.
I would love to compete in the Henly Royal Regatta one day.
Anything else we should know?
I am a New Zealand and South African citizen, and it is a dream to represent one of my countries (if not both!) in Rowing one day.
I have been a termly boarder at Bishops since 2019, as my family resides in Namibia. Our schooling system is slightly different from that of the USA in that our years are measured in Grades. The first year in High School when aged 14 is called Grade 8. I am currently in Grade 12 (we also call this Matric). We do a national examination at the end of the year to determine our Matric grades which we use (together with the final grade of Grade 11) to apply for further studies.