I am part of the England Golf development Squads since Oct 2022.
3rd place in the Regional Qualifiers for the Open Championship 2023 with a score of 68.
52nd in the final Qualifying for the Open Championship 2023.
Last 20 rounds on the England Golf app 72.15.
With the help of my long game coach (Adam Myers), short game coach (Adam Keough), putting coach (Nick Soto), and my England coach (Lysa Jones), my all round game has made significant improvements over the last 12 months and I`m targeting a CSS of 71 by the end of the season.
My Driver ball speed is 182mph average and I recently hit in a big competition a 402 yard drive on a par 5 with no elevation.
My objective for attending the US college system is to give me the opportunity to combine my dreams of becoming the No1 golfer in the world, be part of a successful college team, achieve top academic grades and learn new cultures.
I genuinely believe I have the determination and talent to achieve my goals. With the help of the chosen College, I can see great potential in what we can achieve as a team throughout my college years.
2023: Calculated GPA = 3.55
High School Grades: GCSE Results Summer 2022
History (9 - A*)
Geography (8 - A*)
English Language (8 - A*)
Physics (7 - A)
Biology (7 - A)
Chemistry (7 - A)
Maths (6 - B)
English Literature (6 - B)
Religious Studies (6 - B)
England Golf Development Squad
Northamptonshire Mens 1st Team
Northamptonshire County Golf Club Scratch Team
Represented Bedford Boys School at the HMC National Finals
Woburn and Northamptonshire County Golf Club junior team
I’m Current handicap: +3.3
- Since Aug 2022 average to CSS 73.56 (based on European Rankings Tournaments)
- Last 20 rounds on the England Golf app 72.15
- 3rd place in the Regional Qualifiers for the Open Championship (68).
- 52nd in the final Qualifying for the Open Championship
- Winner of the Midlands Boys County Champion of Champions (74,72)
- Winner of the Northamptonshire County Open with a score of 73, finishing birdie, eagle to win by 1 shot
- Winner Northamptonshire County Golf Club Junior Club Championships by 9 shots (68)
- Winner Northamptonshire Junior County Championships 2023
- 2nd place (missed out by 1 shot), Northamptonshire County Golf Club Mens Club Championships (74,69)
- 4th place HMC strokeplay at the JCB club (1st place after round 1)
- 5th place Royal Birkdale Junior Open (74)
- 6th place Midland Boys County Championships (73, 72)
- 8th place Boys National County Champion of Champions (71,76) 1 over par total
- 9th place Midland Boys Closed Amateur Championships (73,74)
- Top 20 finish in the U18 Peter McEvoy Trophy 74,77,71,72
- 26th in the Danny Willett Salver (77, 75, 73, 73)
- 34th South East of England Mens Links Champs (74, 76, 80, 75)
- Gross 65 (-7), around the Dukes, Woburn in a competition
- Gross 63 (-7), during an internal golf club match with an eagle at the last
- 1 shot off the lead in the Darwin Salver (Rye Golf Club), after round one (U21 event). (H`cap range 0 to +5)
- Competed in the British Open Qualifiers
- 6th place Faldo series Open De France U16 played off European Tour tees. Lowest placed English player (80,74)
- 9th place South of England Boys U18 (75, 71, 77, 70)
- 9th place North of England Boys U16 (75, 76, 72, 71)
- 17th place Hazards Salver (U16 age group within Carris Trophy)
- 19th place Midland U16 Boys (76, 71, 72)
- 36th place English U18 Woodhall Spa (77, 75)
- 100th place Carris Trophy U18 (77, 78)
- 156th place R&A British Boys (80, 71)
- Competed in the British Open Qualifiers
- Winner Northamptonshire County Golf Club Junior Club Championships
- Part of the winning Anglian League County Team winning my singles 9&7
- 7th place Northamptonshire County Mens championships (36 holes), shooting level par for the last 17 holes
- 10th place Jean Case Memorial (U15 age group with McGregor Trophy)
- 23rd place Hazards Salver (U16 age group within Carris Trophy)
- 33rd place McGregor Trophy U16
- 43rd place Scottish Open U16
- 78th place Carris Trophy U18
- Represented Northamptonshire Mens County 2nd Team
- Represented Northamptonshire in the England Golf Champions Club
- Northamptonshire County U14 Champion
- Broke par in a medal on the Marquess Course, Woburn (back tees)
- Winner of the Northamptonshire County Golf Union U14 Par 3 Competition with a winning score of -3 under par (9 holes)
- Winner of the Northampton Golf Club U18 Junior Open with -1 under par round
- Winner in the gross score Robert Rock Tour U18 (Wollaton Park Golf Club)
- Selected for Northamptonshire U14`s (Captain), U16`s and U18`s team
- Winner of the “ISGA” “Wellington Salver” Gross Medal U12
- Winner of the “ISGA” “Sunningdale Junior Open” Gross Medal U12
- Winner of the Robert Rock Tour (Ruddington Park) Gross Medal U14
- Winner of the “IAPS” Stowe Putter School Team Prize and 2nd in U13 Group
- Winner of the “ISGA” “Radley Putter School Team Prize” Gross Medal U14
- Achieved my 1st hole in one during a competition winning a Hugo Boss watch
- Winner of the “ISGA” Sunningdale Heath Stableford.
- Winner of the U11 “IAPS” National Championships with a gross 72. (2 shots off winning the U13 lowest gross).
- Winner of the “IAPS” National Championships Team Event
- Winner of the U12 “IAPS” Stowe Putter presented by ex-Ryder Cup Captain Bernard Gallacher
- Qualified for the “Lee Westwood Tour Finals”
Club distances (CARRY yards)
3 Wood 285
2 Iron 255
4 Iron 230
5 Iron 215
6 Iron 205
7 Iron 195
8 Iron 175
9 Iron 165
Gap Wedge 130
54 Deg 115
Lob Wedge 100
I have recently had the pleasure of playing several rounds with Jack at our home course Northamptonshire County GC.
For fourteen years of age he shows a maturity on the course way beyond his years.
His game is equally as impressive , consistently driving the ball over 300 yds. I certainly feel he is a player with great potential and one to follow in the next few years. I’m sure he would be a great edition to any college/ university team.
1991 Ryder Cup, Multiple Senior Major Winner & PGA Champions Tour Professional.
Additional sporting info
As part of the golf scholarships at Bedford Boys School you only play golf and no other sports. At my previous school (Spratton Hall), I was a 1st team player in Rugby, football, cricket and Hockey. In athletics I broke the school record at hurdles.
I was one of only two students to receive the Brian Saville scholarship award out of the entire school. The award is given in their view to extremely talented sports students across all sports and carries a further discount off school fees. (see 1st image below)
What makes you different?
Distance has always been my biggest strength. In the entire England Regional Squad my club head speed has been measured as 5mph faster than the nearest player at 127mph.
Ever since I picked up a golf club, I have always had the goal to become world No. 1
I`m a very determined individual who`s always working on all round technique to become the best golfer I can be. Some say I am a perfectionist. With selection into the England Golf squad confirmed for the next 2 years this has helped me develop other areas of the game away from technique such as diet, fitness and mental preparation. Over the winter months I`m already seeing huge improvements from their coaching and advice, especially making me realise how much the short game had held me back. With the help of my long hitting I am 20 under par for my last 4 rounds.
With the help of the England coaches my short game has made significant improvements over the winter and I`m targeting a CSS of 71 by the end of the season.
Why do you want to compete in college?
For me I have always seen college golf as the perfect competitive environment due to the number of high quality golfers the system attracts. Not only is it competitive but the practice facilities are second to none.
My main goal is to graduate from college with a more all-round game good enough to compete at the highest level. Winning the NCAA divisions / men’s golf championship is my number one college goal. Away from golf it is important that I don't lose focus on the academic side in case I need to rely on this in later life.
Anything else we should know?
In modern golf the direction is moving towards a power game. At 16 years of age I have recorded a 365 yard drive on the Trackman machine with settings set to normal conditions. My average carry is 310 yards, my average ball speed with a driver is 185mph and my average club head speed with the driver is 127mph. I recently hit in a big competition a 402 yard drive on a par 5 which was slightly uphill and very little tail wind.