My name is Juan Álvaro Rodríguez, I´m a mexican swimmer. I began swimming in high performance when I was 8 years old. I defined that I wanted to be a professional swimmer since I was young. My objective for my college experience is to compete representing and putting on top my future university, also I want to improve my swimming level, and manage to graduate with honors. My final goal is to be in the Olympic Games.
TOEFL Total Score
Blue Lions Aquatics
Jalisco Swim Club
Mexico Swimming Federation
- 3rd place 50m butterfly national championships Veracruz 2019
- 2nd place 100m butterfly Grand Prix Junior Championships Monterrey 2020
- National Champion in Winter National Championships Guadalajara 2021 in 50m, 100m, 200m butterfly and 200m freestyle. 2nd place in 100m freestyle and 3rd place in 50m freestyle.
- 3rd place 50m butterfly and 2nd place 100m butterfly in Selectivo Unico Cancun 2022
- 3rd place in 200m butterfly, 4x100m free relay, 4x100m butterfly relay, and 2nd in 4x200m relay in Juegos Nacionales de la Conade
- 2nd place in 4x200m relay, 3rd place in 4x50m free relay, 4x100m free relay in CCCAN Championships Barbados 2022
- 2nd place in 50, 100, 200 fly, and third place in 100, 200 free in the Winter National Championships Cancun 2022
- National Champion in 100 fly, and 3rd place in 50 and 200 fly in Juegos Nacionales de la Conade 2023
- Central America champion in 100 fly and third place in 200 fly in CCCAN championships 2023.
Additional sporting info
I have been swimming in professional level since I was 8 years old. I have a lot of experience in national competitions, and I love to compete. I have also competed in the US in the 2021 UANA Tokyo Qualifier that was in Clermont Florida.
50m freestyle 24.14
100m freestyle 52.62
200m freestyle 1:55.13
400m freestyle 4:09.00
50m fly 25.27
100m fly 55.59
200m fly 2:05.14
50 freestyle 24.73
100 freestyle 53.55
200 freestyle 1:56.63
50 fly 25.74
100 fly 55.92
200 fly 2:06.48
What makes you different?
I consider myself different for many reasons. I have well defined that I want to do something transcendent in my life. I am a very responsible and dedicated person. I don't put myself on top of my parents, my coaches, I mean, I always obey them because I trust them.
I know what I want to do in the near and far future, and I trust myself to accomplish my dreams. I also think that I have the ability to overcome to difficult circumstances, in life and in the sport. I have a unique passion to my sport, I do it every day with the same amount of passion and energy of the first day. My parents have teached me to be always a modest and honest person, and that's the way I am. I also have the ability to enjoy every single moment of the process and steps I`ve made in the past years. My values since the first day have been firmly like my parents teached me. And finally I`m different because I love to make jokes, make people laugh, and be a funny character.
Why do you want to compete in college?
I want to compete in college because I want to improve my swimming techniques, and become part of a swimming team of the USA. I need to learn new things about sports, get to know professional swimmers and coaches so I can improve myself. I would love to compete representing a college in the USA because it's known for having the best swimmers and coaches in the world.
My main goal is getting accepted in an american university where I will become an excellent student, graduating with honors. And at the same time training hard to achieve my goal of going to the Olympic Games, such as competing in all the international mets.