My objective is to conciliate the sport I love and the academics, working for both as hard as I can to help me and the team/college I represent.
Luis' GPA would meet NCAA requirements.
SAT Total Score
TOEFL Total Score
Clube de Ténis do Porto; Portugal
- Participation In the European winter cups(7th place) and European summer cups (3rdplace) 2017
- 2ND place in the U12 national championship 2017
- Regional champion U12 2017
- 1st place in doubles at Openbenjamins Gradignan-Gironde 2017
- 1st place in the U12 tennis Europe Vilas Cup U12 2017
- Azores Open 12 & Under 1st place in doubles
- PLAYAS DE SANTA PONSA TROPHY U12 1st place in doubles and semi-finals in singles
- Ended the year as number 1 in the national ranking 2017
- Participation in the European winter cups (6th place)
- 2nd place in singles of the tennis europe 25 Azores/Lawn Club Tournament 14&under 2019(cat.2)
- VILAMOURA INTERNATIONAL U14 2nd place in doubles, 2019
- Participation in the European summer cups (7th place) 2019
- Participation in the 2019 European Junior Championships 14 & Under (closed event where I advanced the 1st round and lost in the 2nd round against the semifinalist 63 in the 3rd set), 2019
- Indutel Oporto Junior Cup U16 semifinalist 2019
- Semifinalist in the national championship
- Participation in Zone B B16 2020 Tennis Europe Winter Cups by HEAD (5th place)
- Regional champion of U18 U16 in 2020
- Porugal Tennis Tour U16- Penina Hotel 1st place in doubles and semifinalist in singles2020
- Portugal Tennis Tour U16-II 2nd place in singles 2020
- Portugal Tennis tour U16 Penina hotel 1st place in doubles 2021
- Participation in ZONE D B16 2021 EUROPEAN SUMMER CUPS (7th place)
- Semifinalist in the national championship and finalist in doubles 2021
- Semi finals of a J5 in Guessing, Austria
What makes you different?
I think that what makes me unique is my work ethic and resilience to try and reach my goals. I am focused and a will to do everything to achieve them.
Why do you want to compete in college?
I want to compete regularly at the highest level alongside with having good academics.
I want to improve in tennis and get my team to the highest levels and be one of the best players of the college circuit. In terms of academics I want to finish college with high grades to have two solid plans.
Anything else we should know?
Apart from tennis I like to play the piano, violin and chess both in a pretty good level.