My name is Sergio and I’m a rugby player from England playing for Whitgift School in London. The ultimate goal for my college experience is to play at the top divisions whilst achieving an outstanding degree to create my own career path. I’m excited to take on the challenge of adapting to US college and balance out life on and off the field. I believe achieving these aims is possible if I can find the right university for me.
SAT Total Score
Battersea Ironsides A team every year (2015-2020)
Whitgift A team every year for 15s and 7s (2016- now)
- Waterfall cup (Surrey Championships 15s) -Battersea Ironsides winners 2018
- 2x Chichester tournament champions with Battersea Ironsides 15s
- Whitgift A team every year going unbeaten (2016-18) starting every game. 2019/20 season lost 2 games and 2020/21 was heavily affected by COVID-19
- Surrey 7s championships - unbeaten Battersea Ironsides - won best player award
- 3x Surrey 7s champions with Whitgift ( 2016 -2018)
- 1x Surrey 7s plate winners with Whitgift - 2022
- National 7s unbeaten for Whitgift in 2018
- National 7s quarter finalists for Whitgift in 2022
Additional sporting info
Whitgift team of the season 22/23
2x best defensive player awards for Battersea Ironsides
3x national champion for soccer starting every game
Athletics - winning surrey championships with Whitgift consistently every year racing in 200m, 4x100m relay.
- Speed and agility to beat opponents, cover tackles and finish off tries
- Aggression within the tackle dominating the opponent
- Identifying gaps within the opponent to attack
What makes you different?
What sets me apart from others is my ability to work under high pressure situations as I have a wealth of experience in it. Having reached 4 national finals in soccer not many other rugby players have had the experience to compete in so many tournaments allowing me to remain calm and motivate my teammates. I also have an intelligent understanding of the game enabling me to play in various positions if a teammate was injured or unable to play.
Why do you want to compete in college?
I want to become a well-rounded individual who takes in all the values of a rugby player and progress these into the future so to achieve this I need to play at the top level. Being part of a team will also mean that I can forge life long friendships and memories to carry forward. Alongside this I'm focused on attaining top grades and receiving an outstanding degree enabling me to seek many opportunities.
I would like to have left college being able to have acknowledged my success within it having faced challenges and adversities that I'd overcome. The idea of moving to the US excites me yet requires adaptability and that certainly is a great part of what I look forward to. I strongly believe that if I can do this it it would give me the confidence to tackle any obstacles in my future career.
Independent boys school in South London, Croydon.